This switch can be used on precise / low cost applications for measuring liquid levels.
The switch is used to stop and start pumps and can also serve as a protection function by activating high and low level alarms.
- Magnetic Reed Switch: 500ma 0-50V AC.DC
- The Magnetic Reed Switch is ideally suited to telemetry signals installations as it has a 60 degree differential from the horizontal that ensures that ripples in the liquid do not affect the signals.
- Can be wired normally open or normally closed.
- 2mm Thick seamless, polypropylene casing. (Ensuring no leaks).
- Casing is pressure filled with a closed cell polyurethane foam, making it watertight.
- The polyurethane foam also protects the switch against impact.
- Flexible p.v.c tube prevents the cable from kinking and it’s clamping action on the cable prevents moisture travelling down the cable into the casing, should the cable become damaged.
- The Nitrile cable and the casing are resistant to a wide range of solvents and chemicals.
- Built in weights allow the switches to pivot on their own axis.
- The switches are not sensitive to rotation, in that they can pivot in any direction.
- All switches are available with standard cable lengths of 06meters; 13 meters and 20 meters.
Dimensions and Mass
- Diameter: 80mm.
- Casing Length: 138mm.
- Mass with 5m of Cable: 0.680kg.
- NB. In accordance with SAFETY REGULATIONS, the float switches MUST be connected to a low-voltage control circuit through an isolating transformer, and used in conjunction with sultably rated relays.
Please Note! Float Switches on this page are manufactured by PowerFlyte and proudly distributed by Nivotrol.